Blizzard has dropped the Vanilla raids for World of Warcraft: Classic steadily over the months since the game’s release. Onyxia and the Molten Core have been in the game for a while now, but it’s time for the Son of Deathwing to make his triumphant return. The doors to Blackwing Lair are finally open!
Blackwing Lair is the base of operations for the Black Dragonflight, headed by the Son of Deathwing the Destroyer (and brother of Onyxia), Nefarian. Within the many halls of the Lair, adventurers will face Nefarian’s numerous prisoners, experiments, and minions before facing the dreaded Lord of Blackrock himself.
Before you can challenge the Lord of Blackrock, however, you’ll need to attain attunement. To do so, fight your way to the Scarshield Quartermaster within Blackrock Spire and kill him to attain Blackhand’s Command, which will start your attunement quest. With the quest active, you’ll travel into Upper Blackrock Spire to obtain the Orb of Command behind Drakkisath’s throne. With this completed, you’ll just have to slay Rend Blackhand to earn access.
Ragnaros and Onyxia were just the beginning…
Blackwing Lair is NOW LIVE! #WoWClassic
🔥 https://t.co/ElAOHiLwMX pic.twitter.com/ydDQEdO0Sl
— World of Warcraft (@Warcraft) February 12, 2020
The following eight bosses await you within Blackwing Lair:
- Razorgore the Untamed, the protector of the eggs of the black dragonflight that have been hidden within the lair.
- Vaelastrasz the Corrupt, a member of the red dragonflight that was defeated in battle by Nefarian. Vaelastrasz has been corrupted and forced to fight for the Lord of Blackrock.
- Broodlord Lashlayer, an accomplished drakonid warrior that serves on the frontlines of the black dragonflight’s troops.
- Firemaw, Ebonroc, and Flamegore, black dragons loyal to Deathwing that serve under the command of his son.
- Chromaggus, a chromatic monstrosity created as an experiment by Nefarian that wields the powers of each dragonflight against the enemies of Nefarian.
- Nefarian himself, creator of the Chromatic dragonflight and Lord of Blackrock Spire.
Each class can grab a few more pieces of their Tier 2 set, including bracers, belts, boots, gloves, shoulders, and chests. You’ll also be able to grab some more notable items like the Dragonbreath Hand Cannon, the Chromatically Tempered Sword, the Claw of the Drake, and you’ll even be able to grab some Elementium Ore to forge Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker. The latter will be useful not only for being an incredibly powerful weapon but also, of course, for its endless meme potential, as the last fifteen years have taught us.
The doors to Blackwing Lair are open now to anyone brave enough to face the monstrosities inside. Best of luck to all adventurers on Azeroth!